CABA Monthly Bee Advice - MARCH
By Seven Beekeepers near Palmyra
1. Emergency feed if/when given the need and opportunity of a warm day.
2. Take a quick peek in the top of the hives on a warm day.
• This quick check will help you decide if/when to switch to stimulant feeding
• Don’t pull out individual frames with bees on them.
3. Mid-March switch to stimulant spring feeding
• Personalize the decision to stimulant feed based on each individual colony’s situation
• Use light syrup (1:1) ± your favorite additives.
• Include pollen/protein patties as stimulant feed.
4. Late March, cull old, dark frames from the bottom deep (provided the bees are completely out of the bottom)